Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flashbacks to College

"Learned everything I know without gaining any knowledge... in college"














(me in college... Im the one without the crown)


Saturday I found myself feeling like I was back in college.

Down the street from where I work, there was a brightly colored bus parked with music blaring out the windows. Two men were standing outside handing out free bottles of dole's new fruit spritzers to anyone who would take them. The one big difference was most of the people put the bottle down into or next to the garbage cans half a block away.

Later that night I attended a party where I knew no one except the person who brought me, who also knew no one but one of the hosts. We stood awkwardly with a drink in our hands against the closest wall and avoided eye contact with most people. Neither of us talked to anyone beyond the stray awkward comment and one sad attempt at starting a sports related conversation with some stander byers. And yet, with all the free drinks we walked away thinking it was a great party.

Ahhh I miss college.

Oh, and I have already come upon a problem with the special K diet: it says nothing about alcohol. I guess that is part of the "up to" six pounds catch. Though, while on this diet, you can't drink very much. The lack of calories equates to lack of tolerance for alcohol.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

the lack of alcohol tolerence is NOT like back in college!! (at least for me). I love the picture.