Thursday, February 01, 2007

Viva La Mexico!

"Everyone has seen photographs of Mexicans wearing those big sombreros. When you come to Mexico, the astonishing thing is, nobody wears these hats at all."

We went to Mexico in January. It was some fun times. PJ didnt really want to go to Mexico, but now all he wants to do is go back. I convinced him to go by spending Thanksgiving with all his friends in Oregon. I made it sound like I was doing him a huge favor by going... when really, I wanted to go. Shhh dont tell.

While in Mexico we did some stuff PJ wanted to do and stuff I wanted to do. I think all in all we both ended up enjoying eachother's ideas.

We stayed in a condo instead of a hotel to be closer to the downtown area and save a little money. I had my heart set on having a pool at the condo, so we got one with a pool. PJ swam in it once. I fell asleep by it once. And, it was never used again.

We drank every night














We walked around a lot














We made friends with the wooden statues at our friends' hotel













Our friends from Texas, Sumi and Aaron came too.
They gave it two thumbs up as well.
Though i dont think they had quite as cool of a time as we did.













We saw a very pretty church.

























And stayed in a very pretty condo.
This is our view!













Stay tuned for more fun adventures from Mexico.

6 comments:

amila said...

Woo hoo!!! Yay for Mexico pictures!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Thank you so much:) So, when are we gonna plan a group trip somewhere awesome like that? when?! WHEN?!?!

Kristie said...

we loved Mexico. we're going back in 2 weeks (YAY!)

Kristie said...

if you plan a group trip Amila count me in!

amila said...

Will do Kristie:)

Carolyn said...

I wanna go back in two weeks! Ok Amila, lets get on this!

pjleffelman said...

And secretly I really wanted to go to Mexico, but I used it as leverage for going up to Portland for Thanksgiving. Oooh, we're sneaky.