Saturday, February 10, 2007

Missing Texas

"Ive been sent to spread the message... God bless Texas!"
















I will be honest. I hated Texas when I moved there. It took me over a year to get to like it really. Of course, then I leave a year later. And while I love San Francisco, there are just somethings that I miss from Texas.

Wisconsin, Chicago, so far in San Francisco, I never found a better:

Dentist.
Jim Slater, DDS
I hate the dentist. When I was younger, one of them actually drilled the side of my mouth. Of course, it was because i hit his arm, but he told me to raise an arm if it hurt. I did and I hit his arm. The drill went from my tooth to my cheek. OUCH. So I went to a different dentist after that, actually a few. But, I never found one I liked until Texas.

That man was amazing with my mouth. When he drilled, there was no pain. Okay, a little pain because I don't get novicane, but very little pain. I miss my dentist :(

Hair Dresser.
Lauren at L'image
I had a hair dresser in highschool who was very good at doing updo's for formals, but besides that, I never found a place, even in Madison that I loved my hair cut and color every time. Until Texas. I actually felt like I was a cliche. I actually talked to my hairdresser about life, we gossiped, it was freaky. And, in the end. I always loved my hair. The one time I didnt, she re did it for free.

Seamstress.
Bridal Alterations by Linda.
I had to deal with a lot of weddings while down in Texas. Some, the dresses were not so nice looking, another one, a little too tight looking (I gained a few pounds in Texas). These were no challenges for this woman. She made all my dresses look AMAZING on me. Even, and especially dress that originally just looked ugly on me.

Vet.
Daryl Williams at Chastain Vets
Ohhhh how i miss that Vet. They were amazing with Nelly. They were sticking things up her and giving her shots and she was as calm as can be. I think she had a thing for her young male vet because she behaved like an angel.


And of course I miss my friends, and the DNA group and the DNA parties, and going to Jackasstors... but they closed because they knew we were leaving. And, a little part of me misses my job... my wallet.

God Bless Texas

4 comments:

pjleffelman said...

I'm glad you left your dentist, he sounds like quite the lady's man. He also reminds me of this guy from Mallrats...

Brandi: Suitor number 3, is your kiss like a soft breeze, a firm handshake or a jackhammer?
Gil Hicks: Definitely a jackhammer, I'm in there with some pressure and when I'm done, you're not the same as before. You're changed.

:O

Kristie said...

I miss my swimming pool and hot tub... and flyball was really fast in Texas. I miss that. but I have to say I love it here in Washington. you and PJ should move here!

Anonymous said...

I miss Texas too...great shopping, many restaurants, wonderful pool at the apt. Billy Bob's, but most of all I miss my summer visits with you :( Love, Mom

pjleffelman said...

Awwwwwwww, Deanna. I miss you too :'(

<3